Sunday 30 January 2011

Once Upon a Time There Was a Man Named Matt

So here we are. My Blog.


I bet you're reading this (Mum) and wondering "why has it taken someone who wants to be a writer so long to do a blog?" My reply will at first be the old, I've been really busy with X, Y, and Z, but in reality I'm just a lazy sod.


Most people who "write" will tell you the same story. They have ideas, they have stories to tell, but sitting down to write them is much like going to see the dentist: you should do it, but you never seem to actually get round to it.


I could say "well I'm dyslexic and it's tiring to sit and type away" but again that's mainly a crock of shit. Yes, it is tiring, but if I was to condense down all the rubbish I post on Twitter, Facebook, etc I bet it'd far more than a decent sized blog.


So I've decided to be strict with myself. I'm composing this intro so that there's something here. And I intend to every so often post my ramblings, and some reviews of things I've read/watched/played/eaten. I'll attempt to post at least once a week.


Though saying that, my first child is due next week, so I probably could have chosen a better time to do this.


What I'll say now for posterity, is that I'll always try to be fair with my reviews. I'm at a point now where being horrible doesn't have the same sheen it used to. So even if I don't like something I'll try and be reasonable about it, and explain why. I will say now though, best intentions of mice and men. I'm sure all it'll take is me being offended, and I'll write a maniacal rant at someone's expense.


I used to be someone who liked horrible things, who said and did stuff to shock for a laugh. It's often known as being a complete arsehole. While I'm still naughty and say rude things, I like to think I'm somewhat more measured now. I say somewhat, I do still love making people laugh, so I will act the prat if it gets a giggle.


My "newer" temperament could be down to meeting the right woman, which I do attribute most of my improvements to. I actually think it's that coupled with getting older. When you've upset enough people by being a cock you realise it might be time to change your tune.


So here I am, at the beginning of my blogdom. As I begin I'm a no-one. Not published, working towards it currently. What'll be great is charting my journey to success or failure on here. Hopefully I'll say stuff people will like, if not it's your own fault for reading me.


Love & Kisses, Matt

No comments: