Thursday 10 February 2011

I've Always Depended on the C#ntness of Strangers

This post was meant to be a baby update. The situation is that my wife is in labour and some time today we'll have our baby. We've just got back from the hospital, who've sent us home so she can relax. She's having painful contractions and I feel a but useless truthfully.


What I'm going to write about is the fucking horrible thing that JUST happened. On the way back from the hospital we have to drive down South Africa Road to get home. SAR has quite a few speed bumps and when you have a wife in labour you slow down for said bumps.


While driving down the road a black people carrier (minicab) was right up my arse. Anyway I was driving around 25 mph. For those not in the know that's a safe speed 5 mph less than the speed limit on the road I was on. Not super fast, not super slow.


As I turned from SAR onto Blomfontein Road the minicab overtook me as I turned (illegal) and swerved to hit me as he obscenely gestured at me. Both the wife and I are fine, but it could have been the opposite.


Before you ask, I have called the Police. But with vehicular crime of this sort I have to visit a Police station (within 24 hours), something which I won't be doing in the next 24 hours. The woman did say I can go after 24 hours, because of the circumstances. Well that's nice of her. Thanks for making me feel protected and supported. Useless.


To say I'm angry is an understatement. I will do everything in my power to deal with this person. I'm exhausted and upset. But luckily my wife and I are fine. She's just having painful contractions.

No comments: